Immigration Attorney

Could an Immigrant Obtain Residency in Texas?

Posted by admin on May 25, 2018

Whether or not an immigrant can get residency in Texas is a matter of immigration law as well as state statutes. Immigrants on visas that grant the right to live in the United States are generally accepted for residency purposes by the state of Texas. Temporary visas, such as tourist or student visas, usually do not meet the requirements for residency.

Green card holders will usually qualify as Texas state residents, but you may also qualify if you fall into certain other immigration categories, such as those for foreign religious workers, foreign medical workers, and those who have served in the US military for a certain period of time. Anyone who is enrolled in the DACA program may also qualify. It’s important to check whether or not your immigration status allows you to be considered a resident of the state. It can affect every aspect of your life, from where you live to what you do, and can affect your children and any other family members as well. It can be a complicated process, which is why it’s vital that you consult with immigration law experts.

If you’re looking for a Round Rock immigration lawyer in Round Rock, TX, then contact the Jackson Law Firm, we’re ready and willing to provide you with the expert legal advice you need. Our team of lawyers, who are experts in immigration law, can help normalize your immigration status and ensure that you can acquire Texas residency if you qualify. Call us today for more information.

For more information on our Round Rock Immigration Lawyer, please visit our site.

Related Articles

What Happens If My Application for Naturalization is Denied?

The N-400 naturalization application is typically the last hurdle that lawful permanent residents must clear to become full-fledged United States citizens. This application process often involves overcoming rejections and denials. What is the N-400 Naturalization Application? The final step towards American citizenship is the N-400 naturalization application process often referred to as “Green Card Holders”. […]

Can an Immigrant Get Residence in Texas?

Everyone deserves the opportunity to come into the United States to make a better life for themselves and their family. If you are an immigrant who is residing in the state of Texas and want to get residence there, you have a few options. These include the ability to get a non-immigrant visa or through […]